Friday, September 30, 2005

Cyclists vs pedestrians

Bought a bike at the flea market and took it for a trial run to the Volkspark. Got overtaken by all other cyclists on the road, and one jogger. I haven’t ridden bikes much over the years, there seem to be some parts of my body that don’t like it. I daresay the pain will go with daily use, but I wonder can it be good for such sensitive parts to be worn sore?

The cyclists here run down pedestrians who accidentally walk or stand in the bike lanes (often a barely marked part of the pavement, so easily done), while the pedestrians retaliate by shouting abuse at any bike rider who veers into their territory. I shall have to keep a foot in both camps, so to speak.

I just finished a book by Graham Greene. At one point he (as the narrator) says that he can’t feel desire for a woman if she’s beautiful, especially if she’s intelligent too; in order to feel desire he needs to feel in some sense superior. Huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home