Thursday, August 24, 2006

Belgian rock

I had a lot of fun at Pukkelpop. My diet for the three days consisted of nothing but fine Belgian beer and chips. It made me nostalgic for my early 20s, when whole months passed this way (substituting nasty cheap cider for fine Belgian beer). I’m not sure, but I think I may have set a new world record for the most luggage ever carried by one person. Still, it was good to be prepared, as the weather lived down to expecations, and Flemish mud doesn't appear to differ in any significant way from the British variety. The music was great though, especially Hot Chip, Gogol Bordello and of course the magnificent Radiohead.

Note to UK festival organisers – it is in fact possible to run a festival which has queue free and fairly sweet smelling toilets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home