Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Viel zu tun

Managed to spend a weekend in Berlin between trips away, and crammed as much into it as was humanly possible. This included a night at my local, a spießig party in my Kiez (complete with Irish ambassador and lots of Israelis), gorging myself at brunch at Frida Kahlo then topping up with beer while watching ManYoo v Chelski in the Oscar, and a great gig at the Mudd Club. Cold War Kids are apparently Christian, but luckily I didn’t know that until afterwards.

Just when I’d stopped worrying about having a dodgy ticker, I nearly gave myself heart failure by the unexpected discovery that my (new) brakes had failed, just as I was speeding down a hill into the path of an oncoming police car. Luckily I kept my cool. If you overlook screaming Fuuuuuuuck at the very top of my voice, that is. I’m not sure what exactly it was that the policeman shouted after me at the top of his voice, but it didn’t sound terribly complimentary. I think it’s the constant rain that has buggered the neue Bremsen; this city is definitely the wettest place I’ve lived since Manchester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home