Monday, May 29, 2006

Nostalgia

Went to a great little club last night - Club Brenda, a Manchester night put on as part of British Music Week. The venue, which appeared to be a barely converted sex sauna and was nearly impossible to find, reminded me of weird and wonderful nights out in early visits to Berlin. The night itself made me miss the UK, and Manchester in particular: mixed gay and straight, dance and indie, everyone really into the music, and me not the only person playing air guitar.

And as you can see, I also went to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, who were fabulous. I wish with hindsight that I'd also hightailed it across town to see Sons and Daughters, who apparently also rocked. When there are two good gigs on in Berlin on the same night, they seem to stagger the performance times so that you can see both. Must remember that in future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home