Thursday, December 14, 2006

Homer is never wrong

"Alcohol - cause of, and answer to, so many of life's problems."

Maybe my run of financial bad luck has finally come to an end? Last week included an expensively missed plane, news that someone I’ve been working for has gone into receivership owing me a fair sum of money, and a letter from one of my banks in the UK letting me know that in a week’s time they’re putting my overdraft limit down by several hundred pounds, and that failure to reduce it accordingly would result in charges of £30 a day etc etc. Bastards. I topped this off by pouring the entire contents of a glass of red wine slap bang onto my laptop (the first glass too, I wasn't even tipsy). However, I rushed it to Gunther the wonder computer fixer, and got the news that although the battery is kaputt it still works as normal once plugged into the mains. I’m told that this is pretty darn lucky, so have decided that it must have been my turning point from Pech to Gluck. I even bought a lottery ticket I was so sure of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home