Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Boo to Bayern

Went to see Hertha play Bayern Munich last night. Hertha deserved to win but their finishing was poor and it ended up a nil-nil draw. (This doesn’t mean that I’m going to start supporting Hertha by the way, on the contrary I decided on FC Union a while ago, I just had to see the Olimpiastadion and experience watching top level football for a tenner. In fact I’m seriously torn as to allegiance at the moment, as I’ve developed quite a soft spot for St Pauli and they play in the same division as Union).

As when my friend Gillian and I go to Glastonbury, I started planning my clothing some time in advance. After some deliberation, I decided to leave nothing to chance. Thus I was sporting: fur lined boots, thick socks, thick tights, leg warmers, fleece lined trousers, a t-shirt, a jumper, a cardigan, my duvet/coat, a fur hat and two pairs of gloves. It turned out to be the first (only) mild day we’ve had in 2006 so I was definitely warm enough, in fact one might even have said I was a smidgeon too warm. I was also fairly restricted in even the simplest of movements, and I didn’t quite fit into my seat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home