Thursday, March 16, 2006

Fun in the strangest places

On a recent trip to the fitness centre I found that I had to give up on my swim due to pains in my leg. However, nothing if not game, I decided to join in the aqua aerobics class that was going on in the other half of the pool. This resulted in a half hour of great entertainment for me, and I suspect even more so for anyone watching. We were each given a long thick foam cylinder, and the man at the side with the microphone proceeded to demonstrate various ways of balancing on them while we swung our arms and legs about. Of course when in the pool any attempt at balancing immediately produced a head first plunge beneath the surface of the water, which would probably explain why most of the other participants (who were overwhelmingly female and well over the age of 65) were not ever bothering to try to follow the instructions. The only time that everyone actually joined in was when he suggested that we put the phallic objects between our legs and, pressing down upon them, ride them as if they were hobby horses. After this, myself and a little old lady resolutely pushing our big foam dildos back and forth to each other seemed a trifle dull.

My friend Cath visited last weekend, and did a very good job at not moaning as she sightsaw Berlin through various shades of blizzard. The long sloping curved pathway to the Bauhaus archive had been turned into some sort of luge by the wintry conditions, but unfortunately we couldn't find a handy tea tray to take advantage of it and make a really impressive entrance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home